Tuesday, April 23, 2019

April 8th 2019 Under Pressure-Queen

Hey it's me again Hank the Cowdog
Alright alright alright!
This week was totally cool, boring, and lit at the same time!
Let's jump right into it shall we???
Monday
We kind of just aimlessly walked around B after having dinner with E. We talked to this guy R who we haven't gotten in to see in forever so that was cool. He had hip surgery and one of his legs is now longer than the other by an inch. Thus making me decide I never want hip surgery.
Tuesday
We had interviews with President. Cool story he was wayyyyy behind on schedule, which if you've been on a mission you know it's totally normal. So since he was so far behind, and because me and Elder A are workhorses we went and knocked doors at this apartment complex that is brand new and super nice and just ripe for the gathering of Israel. Anyway Elder A has pretty much put me in charge of everything, which is soooooo exciting, so I felt very strongly to knock on this dudes house. He said he had read the Book of Mormon a few times with his wife and he liked it so much he wants the missionaries to come back and talk to him. So there is one person found for the H Elders. Then we knocked on this other house. This guy named R answered the door! He has like 15 friends that are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and so he also wanted the missionaries to stop by. So there is another person found for H. All those miracles and it wasn't even 1 yet. Anyway we had to sprint back to the church cause it was our turn for interviews. My interview was great, as seen on Facebook. After that we had district council which was good. Elder E, who is best known by when he spoke in conference. He is a former member of the seventy and also he and his wife are in my district, instructed about time management. Sheesh I needed that lol. Anyway. Then I went on an exchange with Elder M! Since the apartment in C got wrecked by elders a few years ago they don't want elders there so they had to do a little switcheroo and now the H Sisters are there and the C Elders are in H. So I was in H he has only been out one transfer more than me so neither of us really knew what we were doing but we had 2 bomb lessons on the plan of salvation, with help from Elder and Sister E who came along for them because they are single women we were visiting. 
Wednesday
We were still on exchanges. He told me before the exchange that his goal was to talk to everyone. So I looked at him and I said, "Everyone?" And he said, "Yes." And since you all know that is basically my strong suit we went to work. We were sprinting down streets, knocking on car windows, and talking to every person we could have possibly talked to. We found them one new person to teach and handed out 8 BOOKS OF MORMON!!! That was sick! After that we went and exchanged back at the McDonalds in C. Then we had a lesson with the Ms which was good and after we went out with J again. He has kind of a bummy car so after one of our lessons the car wouldn't start. And since we were in the middle of Timbuktu they both started panicking and I just sat back and said a prayer. Then the spirit said, "Tell him to try and turn it on one more time." And I was like, "K." And so I did. And guess what??? It worked. Prayer is soooooo real! After that experience we went and found a bathroom at the gas station. I had to go pretty bad and as I sat on the porcelain throne the song Under Pressure started playing on the speakers. That was hilarious in my mind lol.
Thursday
Elder A woke up super sick so we did nothing. Those days are the worst.
Friday
He was sick again. So once again that day was kind of the worst.
Saturday
General Conference was awesome! We didn't get anyone to watch it sadly🤔 even though we invited like 20 people lol. I'll talk more about conference later! Since Elder A was still kind of sick we only went out for like 20 minutes to work. We actually found someone new to teach in between sessions that was cool. But the ward threw a bbq for Priesthood so that was really fun. M is the funniest dude alive. Then President Nelson rebuked all of us. That was sick.
Sunday
Conference again! We went out and worked tho, and ate dinner at the H's so that was cool! After conference we saw the Ks and we finally met M's, husband. He is the coolest guy! After that we went to Es and talked about basketball. She was watching American idol so that was cool.

Well anyway conference recap by Izak:
They are REALLY pushing gaining your own testimony of the gospel and making our homes a place of worship! My favorite talk was Gary E. Stevenson's. Not just because he talked about Jimmer Fredette but the principles he taught were good for me to learn. Also President Nelson threw down thrice on the whole church. Plus Jeffrey R. Holland is the greatest speaker of all time! Also I discovered by accident that Lavell Edwards spoke in conference in October of 1984 and it's actually a fire talk for anyone thinking about serving a mission.

Anyway this week I was thinking and I realized my life is basically like if I got trapped in a Hank the Cowdog book and I started laughing my head off because of it. Anyway

Question time!
I felt down last week and a little of this week. I kind of struggle with giving myself too high expectations and that got me down but it's ok I am figuring it out.
Honestly nobody really progressed this week but this week is going to be fire flames I can feel it
Funniest thing was me realizing that I am in Hank the Cowdog
Best thing was CONFERENCE
Vitamins 2/7 I'm lowkey pathetic lol

Spiritual thought for the week:
Isaiah 40:28,29,31
28 ¶ Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

The other day I was feeling discouraged. I felt like no matter how hard I worked, nothing I was doing was helping the people I taught. I spent a few days feeling this way. As a missionary we are told to expect miracles according to our obedience. I felt as though I was being obedient and yet... no miracles. Then I had my interview with my mission president. In the interview he asked me to look for the miracles. I asked him where to look because I felt like they weren't happening. He then told me something I will never forget. "You are looking in the wrong place," he said, "have you looked inside yourself to see the miracles. You will never see the outward miracles unless you see the inward miracles first. Be patient my beloved, you are the miracle." So I wanted to share that with all of you. No matter who you are, what you are going through, if you are using the atonement of Jesus Christ in your own life and trying to be better. As long as you keep trying to be better every day. You. Are. The. Miracle. So keep trying. No matter where you think you are, or how far away you think you have gone. Keep trusting in the Lord and keep trying. "For tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you" Joshua 3:5

Love you all!
Time is running short,
Elder Pew  
Not sure what this picture is about

on exchanges

a house in his area

watching his dad sing in General Conference


April 22nd, 2019 Sleepyhead - Passion Pit

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah aamedahh If you know ya know🤷🏽‍♂️ It seems like just 20 minutes ago I was writing you last time. Time moves at the fa...