Tuesday, April 23, 2019

April 15th, 2019 Bruises - Lewis Capaldi

This is the greatest song to listen to when you are just big depressed as a high school student,  procrastinating your homework, and you're just waiting for the next big dance. So basically who I thought I was for half of high school lol... good thing people change. Song is flames tho. 
This week was totally amazing.
So the wk
Monday
We had a sick member lesson with the Ws. We challenged them to pray for missionary experiences. I'd like to challenge all of you to do that as well! But he had the idea to start a bible study at his house. So I guess we are going to see how that works out. If that works out it will be dope! Afterwards we had a million voicemails from D so we went by to see what's up. Nothing really has changed there. This dude is going to kill me one day he knows it's all true he just doesn't do anything about it. 
Tuesday
I woke up confused. Why you might ask? Because I had a dream where me and Elder A were at a monster truck rally (already weird but just wait) and I was playing the music (yep weirder) and then Elder A turns to me and says, "hand me the aux so I can play some fire." So I did (Ya'll are probably freaking out right now) and the first song he plays is "This is The Christ" by the Tabernacle Choir At Temple Square. You already know we got so hyped about that. But anyway. We had district council and that was good but afterwards I went on an exchange! With Elder L! He is Braden Oswald and Jake Garvins (neighbors)
best friend so that was actually so hype! (Shoutouts to Braden and Jake tho) He has as many months left as I have been out. But we had a grand ole time walking and talking to people. We had a sweet lesson with the Ks about the afterlife! That was sick!
Wednesday
Before we exchanged back me and Elder L went to a lunch appointment with this goon who is a scientologist and he still thinks Korihor is the best character in the Book of Mormon. Then we knocked an entire street so that was sick. Then we exchanged back. We didn't do much else that day.
Thursday
Elder A woke up sick. Again. So we went out at like 4. But we had an absolutely fire lesson with J! She said she wants to get baptized. Idk why we didn't ask her when but she wants it. She couldn't come to church on Sunday but she committed to next Sunday. 
Friday
We went out at 1 cause Elder A was still sick. Smh. We went to this lady's house to talk to her and she was real confused and thought the pre mortal life meant we believed in reincarnation but before we could answer her, her dad came out and was yelling about how all we need to do is pray to Jesus and accept him into your heart. Then he told us he is a prophet and that is when the spirit left. So we did too. We actually blasted This is The Christ to get the spirit back lol. We saw A who hasn't been coming to church because her son is playing travel baseball. Pretty much everyone here thinks their kid is going pro which like ya maybe but it isn't worth risking your salvation. We visited T who is the same way with his son J but I actually think they might come back soon. We shared the talk by President Nelson where he said "Time is running short." The daughter was visibly shook by that. Then we taught the plan of salvation to S so that was cool.
Saturday
We got rid of the couches in our apartment which is a new rule our mission has so ya. Basically we are Amish now lol as I email on a Galaxy S8+... anyways. We went and gave someone in H a baptismal interview so that was good. After that we street contacting a million and a half people... only in B. We are pretty sure we saw Miss West Virginia there tho. That was kinda cool. We could tell cause she had 1 tooth lol jk...
Then we had the ward pinewood derby in which we got 8th out of 12. Super fun tho! After that we talked to E for a little so that was cool.
Sunday
We went to church which was good. Then we had "dinner" at the S home with the Ws. Brother W served his mission here and married someone from this ward so that's where he came from. Then we saw Ms husband again and talked about Easter. That was cool! Then we had a good lesson with J and we talked about conference. That was fun. Then we went to the Cs and taught them.

Question time
Did you get the package????  Yes
If so was it okay?   Also yes
Did you have any exchanges this week?  Yes 2
Did you find any new people for your area?   No but the goal is to find one every day this week.
What was the best food you ate this week?  Best food was this good Mexican restaurant in B 
What is the funniest thing that happened?  Me and Elder L were laughing the whole day. LPOD
What is the best thing that happened this week?  Best thing was the lesson with J
Is Elder A getting better? Did you take him to the doctor?  Yes, no
How is the weather? Is it warming up?  HAWT
How are you doing on vitamins?   Vitamins 6/7 so better...

There was a day this week where I was having a tough time. (A surprise I know😉) I felt like everything I did was a failure. Every lesson we tried, every plan we made, ended in failure. I wrongly felt as though I was the only person who felt this way. But! God is mindful of us and reminders to use the atonement are everywhere. That same day we went to a random Chinese restaurant. I got some half cooked shrimp that tasted like a sweaty eyebrow and some noodles that tasted like maybe they were boiled in some armpit sweat. This was a grueling meal. Adding to the intensity of my stomach pain that I had been going through due to stress. All these things kept a getting stacked upon each other. This was the absolute worst thing I had ever been through. Then they bring out the fortune cookies. Since fortune cookies are fun and I like to do fun things, I opened it up and read the fortune on the inside. And to my astonishment Heavenly Father answered my prayer through the fortune. It said, "You must experience failure to appreciate success." I am and have been stunned by Heavenly Father's awareness of who we are and who we can become. He is always there watching over us. Take comfort in knowing that. The most powerful being in the universe is watching out for you.

Lastly I'd like to speak to the many of you who feel as though you are a failure. You are not. You do not need to feel that way. Trust in God. Trust in the atonement. Only through that can you become a success. Remember God is the only person who can turn a mess into a message. Become a servant of Him and you will become that mess that turns into a message. Remember "you must experience failure to appreciate success."

Don't let the cat in the house,
Elder Pew!


District



April 22nd, 2019 Sleepyhead - Passion Pit

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah aamedahh If you know ya know🤷🏽‍♂️ It seems like just 20 minutes ago I was writing you last time. Time moves at the fa...