Friday, March 22, 2019

March 18, 2019 Elder Pew: Salud, Dinero, Amor! - Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass

Welcome to the Three Amigos edition of this letter. Jk lol.
So you're never going to believe this but I heard this song while at a members house and somehow I actually knew what it was. Now somehow here in Hancock the weirdest part about that story is how we were listening to Mexican swing jazz. Yep. This place keeps getting more and more interesting. This town is getting to rough for me...
Monday
We went and visited S who is a less active member. But I don't think she even knows that she is a member cause she gave us all her "Mormon Literature" which included a 99 year old copy of the Book of Mormon, so yes, i am keeping that. Then we visited E who is OBSESSED with family history. He has something like 45 binders full of family history stuff for his WIFE'S side of the family. He didn't even show us what he has for his side. He's a freaking master.
Tuesday
We had a young man come out with us. His name is J and he's cool. But he also walked with us for 7 hours so he's even cooler than you. Anyway, we had dinner with H's. This is where the above story happened. We were even eating tacos. Now when I say tacos, this isn't the typical Utah taco. This is an east coast taco, in other words, it's pretty equal to eating a lot of sweaty hot dogs. Anyway I ate 4 of them cause they taste good, but man I regretted that later. Anyway. We visited D that night and had an awesome lesson!
Wednesday
We had a lesson with T. Then we had an awesome visit with J, who was the first person I ever visited. She asked us "Idk if you guys know anything about Joseph Smith, because I have a couple of questions about him?" And we were like yep you asked the right people. Then we had dinner at the Ms which was delicious. Then J came out with us. We were only able to get in with our crazy "rich" friend.
Thursday
We saw Ws. They are 92 years old and also my favorite people.Their daughter B was there and apparently she knows the Dillmans from my home stake. Small world. Then we had dinner at the Cs. And yep you guessed it, tacos again! The regret I went through was exceedingly sore. Then we had an awesome visits with the Es. Brother F came with us and hes hilarious. He had one quote so be ready for that. We talked about the atonement, which always makes me HYPED! But it sounds like they are going to start coming back to church.
Friday
We saw W in the morning. We had E come out with us, hes also a weird dude. But hes working on his mission papers so it's a good thing he came out. We went and visited the Ks. We watched the restoration. Which every time I watch it the spirit reaffirms that Joseph Smith was a prophet here on earth. If you even doubt that for a second go watch "Safety for the Soul" by Jeffery R. Holland.
Saturday
We saw T again. She has started reading the Book of Mormon. But we had a good visit with her about Joseph Smith and such. We had a meeting with the Family History Consultants. They are going to start helping with the missionary effort.
Sunday
We had church but I was feeling so sick we went home and I took a nap until it was dinner time. We went to Bishop's for dinner and we had... enchiladas, they taste soooooo good. I'm still recovering. But after that we walked around Berkeley with 0 success by the worlds standards. Then we went to E's she will probably not get baptized but when she dies pretty soon here she will remember us in the spirit world and hopefully accept it there. She's usually watching basketball when we go over so we mostly just talk about college basketball.

Now its everyone's favorite, question time!
Did you have a better turn out for church this week?
We did have a better turn out for church this week  
Who has a baptism date?
H, C, and A


are on date but that is all.  
Have you given away my Book of Mormon? (I gave him one with my testimony in it to give away)No  
Any exchanges this week?Also no
Any new foods this week?Well we had 2 sweaty taco dinners and then enchiladas 
What do you have for other meals if no one feeds you?
Have you used your Pizza Hut gc? Yes
What has the weather been like? The weather was fantastic this week. It got to 77 and I got sunburnt 
Vitamins? Vitamins, 6/7 I swear on my life we were fasting for Danny one day and I forgot. I was depressed for like 6 minutes when I realized that.
What was the best thing that happened this week? The best thing that happened this week was finally being able to get members involved. 

Well I love you all,
Keep emailing it makes me happy
Love,
Elder Pew

Oh ps to all who missed my Facebook post here it is

I was reading in Acts chapter 21 today and these verses hit me really hard:
12 And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem.
13 Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.
14 And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.

If you don't know the story I'll give you the ten peso version. Paul, formerly Saul, was once an enemy of Christ. He went about persecuting the believers and even was there at the stoning of Stephen and encouraged it. This guy was a bad man. But he had a very powerful experience in which Christ, the very man he had dedicated his life to persecuting, told him he needed him as an instrument in his hands. He went through a long and hard repentance process. Now here he is traveling, to what is almost certain death, and he is willing to align his will with that same Jesus Christ! The atonement can work in EVERY SINGLE person's life! I will forever be grateful for what my Savior did for me and hopefully I can show that appreciation by repenting daily. I know that he suffered and died for us. And he would have done it even if it meant saving just one soul. He did it for every single one of us. 




99 year old Book of Mormon

April 22nd, 2019 Sleepyhead - Passion Pit

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah aamedahh If you know ya know🤷🏽‍♂️ It seems like just 20 minutes ago I was writing you last time. Time moves at the fa...