Friday, March 15, 2019

March 11th, 2019 Fix My Eyes - for KING AND COUNTRY

As a missionary you get to learn all of the best Christian rock bands. This is one of them. Enjoy.
Anyway our week wasn't too eventful but here we go!
Monday
We visited a sweet inactive family. They told us that they were going to come back to church once they found time on a Sunday, they have two kids that play travel baseball and softball all year long so they miss because of tournaments. Which isn't ok but still better than 0 commitment.
Tuesday
It was my birthday. I was with Elder B1 in Antietam! That was awesome! He's legit my favorite person ever so shoutouts to him if he reads this. We talked to a bunch of people and it was freezing cold but still fun lol
Wednesday
After driving back to Hancock we had a reallllyyyy tough day. A bunch of people cancelled on us which sucks cause then you have to adjust your schedule. Ya but anyway we met this guy who is convinced he is a billionaire when in reality he isn't even that rich.
Thursday
We visited the rich guy. He is pretty much the most worldly person ever. We probably won't keep teaching him cause he's psycho but we had to try. Then we went to Sister Bs for dinner. We aren't allowed to go inside her house so we ate in our car. That was kinda weird. But she did make us delicious chicken pot pie. We had an appointment fall through that night so we just kinda walked around Berkeley Springs. Which reminds me of something I forgot to put in an experience we had last week. We ran into this guy that was so obviously drunk that he kept telling us he wasn't drunk. Funny how the easiest way to tell if someone is drunk is to hear them say they aren't! It was hilarious! But anyway this guy tells us to call him Skateboard Freddie, and how he was ranked 24th in the world at one point and that Tony Hawk taught him how to skate. He keeps rambling and we give him a pass a long card and say goodbye. We said "See ya Skateboard Freddie!" Then he looks at us real confused and said "I'm too old to Skateboard just call me Freddie." We had a good laugh about that.
Friday
We went to S's. He introduced us to his cousin... she's just as nuts as he is!!! Then we accidentally ran into that rich guy again and he bought us lunch. Then we had an awesome lesson with M. Hes cool. Then we had weekly planning and went to the S's who are cousins of the Ks. They are all members but they are awesome so we visit every once in a while. Then we visited S K family!
Saturday
We walked and walked and walked and walked. We did not get into any houses except like 2 but I was still soooo happy that whole day! Idk what I did to deserve how happy I was that day it was crazy. We visited T and D. They are the best!
I also got to talk to all of you people. Which was good!!!
Sunday
Church had like 50 people there. Kind of a bummer pretty much everyone around here is sick so pretty much nobody came. We went to the Hs for dinner and then went to S Ks. We talked while T, who just so happened to be there, watched that chimpanzee documentary. After that was over we finally got a little lesson in. Good times.

Questions
No changes with transfers🤷🏼‍♂️ in our district one of the sisters is going home so we did have that change but that's all. The other sister is getting a new companion and I think it is Sister Ms trainer so I'm sure she's awesome!
The best thing I ate this week was a mac and cheeseburger. That was delicious 
I had a great birthday.
The snow has all melted. There is still a few places that have snow, mostly in Pennsylvania but for the most part it is gone.
I usually eat cereal or Eggos for breakfast. Not the best I know🤷🏼‍♂️
We haven't taught or spoke in our ward yet.
The best thing that happened was being able to spend a day as Elder B1's companion. It was awesome.
Elder A has taught me how to just talk to everyone. We just go out and work so that has been good.
I went 3/7 on vitamins

Ok that's all for the week.
Love you all, stay tuned for my transfer recap (below) which is going to be both hilarious and spiritual.
So much love!
Elder Pew!  

THE BOOK OF IZAK (Transfer Recap)
An account of Izak's journeyings in the land of Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. The story begins in Cedar Hills, Utah and spans the years 2019 - about 2021

Chapter one
Izak is called to serve in the land in the east. He calls the people of Hancock to repentance, few listen and many reject. If you trust in God all things are easier.

1. Now I, Izak, speak unto you my brethren an account of my journeyings and adventures. God was merciful unto me and called me to go out and preach repentance in the land eastward. For behold I accepted his counsel and began my journey.
2. And now, as I spent many days in the land of Provo, preparing for my journey, I was overcome by the spirit. For it had spoken many things unto me which I should do. For behold me and my brethren prepared ourselves to go cry repentance unto the people.
3. As we arrived into the land eastward we were met by the men and women of God who were already in the area, and they organized us to go and do the things which the lord had commanded.
4. For behold I was called unto the city of Hancock.
5. For the city of Hancock was filled with much wickedness, which did seek to pervert the ways of the Lord and did send many confusing things to the believers in the land.
6. As me and my companion, A, did go out and preach the word of the lord, we did speak repentance unto the people. Behold we did speak of the things pertaining to the Lord which brought unto us much joy.
7. For how great was our joy in Christ! For we knew of his great atoning sacrifice, behold we did repent every day of our ministry. We desired that our brethren in the city of Hancock would receive these things, that they might have joy in Christ as we did.
8. But behold, there are many who are wicked and would not receive the things which we spake unto them. But that did not discourage us. For we knew in whom we had trusted and that his will would be done, no matter how many rejected this great message.
9. Yea, there were a few who began to receive this message, and they did rejoice for they knew what they had to do to be baptized so that they could repent and begin to make great and sacred covenants with God in the house of the Lord.
10. Yea, this and many other things did we teach unto many people. And we did cry out unto the Lord and did ask for help that we might know how to bring these people into the waters of baptism. For this was our goal.
11. For thus we see that the powers of satan are throughout all the land. For as powerful as Christs influence is in the world, satan must have equal influence for their must be opposition in all things.
12. I will now speak unto you a parable, of the choice we have to choose between the opposition or Christ.
13. For behold this is the parable which I would speak unto you my brethren, that there are two wolves fighting a battle inside my head, yea, it is an exceedingly sore battle. One wolf represents Christ and one represents the opposition. The one who wins is up to you. For you get to choose which you feed. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

 Exchanges on his birthday with an elder from his MTC district so lots of fun!

April 22nd, 2019 Sleepyhead - Passion Pit

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah aamedahh If you know ya know🤷🏽‍♂️ It seems like just 20 minutes ago I was writing you last time. Time moves at the fa...