Sunday, March 3, 2019

February 25, 2019 Straightjacket - Quinn XCII

If you haven't heard this song, do please look it up. (Unless you're a missionary of course, in that case wait just a min)
Anyway. This week went by really fast. Like I can feel the pace of things picking up. It also was a week of miracles and cool things. Let's start with Tuesday
Tuesday
Nothing really happened on Tuesday except I had a dream I was dating Ariana Grande and she was taking the missionary discussions. I woke up just after she accepted the invitation to be baptized. So that was that.
Wednesday
First things first. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KING AND THE LEGEND MY LITTLE BRO MICAH! It was really cold and snowy so we mostly just walked around and knocked doors. Not a ton happened because of the snow. But we did get to visit the Ks so that was awesome.
Thursday
I didn't have time to write in my journal that day but I'm pretty sure we went down to B and visited D so that was good. Hopefully he can get back towards being baptized.
Friday
It was the three week meeting! I got to see all my buddies from the MTC and they all seem like they are improving in the work so that made me happy. Shoutouts to them. After that we had dinner with B which was super cool. B is an absolute legend. After that we went to Cs house and we blew him out of the water with testimonies.
Saturday
I had an interview with President Mutombo! He is an inspired man! I got a lot of great advice that I am trying to apply! Then it was R's birthday so we got her a present at the store. Apparently she liked it even tho we are dudes and don't know how to do presents. Then we went to visit this guy M. He wasn't home so we were walking back and I had a feeling we should knock on this door so we did it. This lady answers the door and we tell her about how families can be together forever. She starts crying and asks if that means she can be with her baby who died in the womb again. And so of course we said yes. The we went back Sunday and had a bomb lesson with her husband. Super cool miracle there. Then we had the option to either meet up with D and his family or go to D's. We were going to do both anyway we just needed to decide which to go to first. I had the distinct impression that D wasn't quite home yet and so I said we should go to D's. That went ok and we were there probably 5 minutes. So then we went to D's. We get there and he says "Wow I just got home 5 minutes ago you guys have awesome timing cause I'm having a bad day." So pretty much the spirit guides us. Let us always follow it.
Sunday
It was stake conference and President Mutombo spoke so it was awesome. Afterwards we went to that bomb lesson with that lady and her husband. It was really good. We had dinner with the H's which is always awesome. Then we stopped by the Gs again. That was a really cool lesson. Then we went to both Ks and Bs house and had amazing lessons on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was amazing.
That brings us to now folks.

Now for question answering time.
I did get the packages
The weather is all over the place. Currently there is like 40 miles per hour wind.
The best thing that happened this week was finally trying Berkeley Springs water (not) that stuff is delicious (not)
Vitamins: 2/7 RIP to my streak. Next week is going to be better!

Spiritual thought: Diligence. What do you think of when you think diligence? Probably consistency in following God and his commandments. Well in Preach My Gospel it says that to be diligent you must also be energetic. How often do we do things were commanded to do without energy. Try to understand that these things are important. We follow the commandments so we can live with God again. That is an amazing thing we should look forward to. Anyway try to be diligent this week.

Sorry this email was lowkey boring.Next week I'll have a better one hopefully. All in all I am doing well. I love being a missionary!

Love you all,
Keep the emails coming!
With much love,
Don't let the cat in the house,
Elder (*Elmer) Pew




April 22nd, 2019 Sleepyhead - Passion Pit

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah aamedahh If you know ya know🤷🏽‍♂️ It seems like just 20 minutes ago I was writing you last time. Time moves at the fa...