Thursday, January 17, 2019

On My Way--Phil Collins Leaving Home and Entering the MTC

THE NIGHT BEFORE

After being set apart as a missionary

Nephew and Elder Pew


























Saying "See Ya Later" his brother had to go to school

Another brother couldn't miss school

Elder Pew outside his house one last time for 2 years
Met siblings at Panda in Provo for lunch before the drop off
Elder Pew's fortune

Saying :See ya later at the temple
Little sister was sobbing, by far the hardest


This was also hard but nephew was busy watching people throw snowballs
So proud of Elder Pew




Elder Pew with his host who would guide him into the MTC

All smiles and "On His Way"

His grandpa Louw would caption this: "Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah for Israel"


HELLO EVERYBODY!!! WEEK ONE!!!
This is literally the coolest place. Me and the Elders in my district were talking about it last night and we can't quite figure out what the feeling is but we know it's amazing.
Well anyways you probably wanna know these things.
My companions
ELDER 1 hes the guy that keeps us all focused and really has been a blessing.
ELDER 2 Ya know how I said I had a feeling my first companion would be huge. Get wrecked anyone who ever doubts me again.
I get along with both these guys super well. Which is to be expected given they are hilarious and I like hilarious people. 
BUT
The other Elders in my district.
ELDER B1 this guy is super quiet, that being said everything that comes out of his mouth is comedy gold. Quotes to come later don't worry.
ELDER B2 imagine what it would be like if there was a guy who was literally exactly like me. Imagine dealing with two Elder Pews. Ya we have the exact same sense of humor and that makes things super fun! He also lowkey talks like Luke Francis which is an absolute W
Us as a district have way too much fun together and so that's awesome.
There are 6 sisters in our district. We don't know them very well but we're starting to get to know them. All it takes is a little effort eh?
Well I'll start with the BORING stuff now.
Wednesday was crazy. It felt like I had spent 65 years in that small little classroom at the end of it. They whisked me away from my family took away my bags and gave me a whole lotta useless paper and my tags and then gave me my bags back, sent me to my room, then told me to go to class. Once in class I met both of my comps and the fun began. We met our teacher and then the Zone leaders who leave on Monday. They are cRaaaZy. Also hilarious but maybe not the most obedient. We went to bed that night and that was that.
Thursday was the first day in my life that I can truly say that I have been very clogged up down below. This MTC food is no joke. I don't remember much of what happened this day except one of the coolest things to ever happen to me. I had an interview with the branch president. He asked me some questions about family and stuff. Then he gave me a blessing. This was no ordinary blessing. This guy knows me better than I know myself and in one swoop calmed all my fears and wiped away all previous guilt I had (mostly about how many candy bars I stole from my siblings growing up) and I wept like a little babe. Anyways that night me and the district had one of the DEEPEST talks of my whole life. That was awesome.
Friday
This day wasn't too eventful except we had our first TRC. I don't remember what that stands for but I do remember Broler (Young Men's leader Bro. Oler) telling us at some point😂 We got to talk to this man named K. Hes a pretty cool guy and we get to teach him on Monday and I am AMPED!
K now you're all wondering how I am doing obedience wise. I am doing fantastic with the rules actually. The only one that is really a struggle is we can't use slang... And if you know anything about me I use the word DUDE more in one day than I have eaten vegetables in my whole life. So that has been super hard. I need prayers on that.
Also pray for the missionaries to figure out how to use smart devices. Cause man do we need it.
Ok now for the FUNNY stuff.
The orange juice myth is in fact not a myth.
We were making fake business ideas on Thursday and they were hilarious. It all started with Elder B2 saying "How do you guys feel about me dog flipping?" By dog flipping we find out he means house flipping but with dogs. He also came up with the brilliant idea of having the Dark Knight playing on loop around a bunch of parrots so that by the end all they say is quotes from the Dark Knight and sell them as Batman parrots.
The other day we were talking about how we can't use slang and the Elder 2 used slang immediately afterwards and me and Elder B2 laughed for like 20 mins straight. It was hilarious. 

Last night our district had a staring contest. The final round was incredible. They stared at each other for 6 mins. I couldn't believe it. We were all going wild.

Also I have a spiritual thought. It comes from the scripture Alma 5:16. It says 16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?

Imagine meeting the savior someday. Being able to kneel in front of his feet and have him say that the things you've been doing on earth is righteous. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. As a missionary I can't wait to help people so that they will be able to have that moment
Well if I think of anything else I will send it but for now that's all.
Love you all,
Elder Pew

Me: I miss my thingy-thingy, that has my swipey-swipey.                         Elder B2: you mean your stretchy-wetchy

It's like letting out your primal side except you stay clean - me

Pants are like the Godhead, without your hips your belt loops and your belt then the pants will fall - me

Lastly my favorite:
Elder Pew: How many elders does it take to turn on a TV?             Elder B1: Zero if you pray hard enough 

Elder Pew and his 2 companions first photo sent from a friend who volunteers in the MTC

Friend from Ultimate Frisbee

Elder Pew is in the middle, this was taken his first night a friend was on a tour of the MTC and saw him. She said that he was glowing. She snapped this picture as he was walking away.






April 22nd, 2019 Sleepyhead - Passion Pit

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah aamedahh If you know ya know🤷🏽‍♂️ It seems like just 20 minutes ago I was writing you last time. Time moves at the fa...