Monday, January 28, 2019

January 19th, 2019 Sunflower-Post Malone

Well buckle up folks cause this one is going to be a hard one to read, at least the beginning of the week... Don't fear tho cause it will get better I promise.
Ok well I guess I should start with the rest of Saturday.
Saturday
Today ended pretty normal with a class. We did a roleplay activity to end the night and me and my one companion (Elder B) thought it was awesome. Elder N. Not so much. 
Sunday
People say Sundays are really hard in the MTC and they are... CORRECT. It's super jam packed. But eh it's ok. We did however get to meet with President Samuelian, who I'm still convinced is the most spiritually in tune person ever. He talked to us about how he was a mission president of one of the first missions to use technology. He had some awesome insight and it was really cool. He told us how he met with President Nelson and all President Nelson said was "The sand is moving swiftly through the hourglass" and walked away which might be the most crazy thing I have ever seen. That was cool. The night ended with a devotional with the new MTC presidency. I wasn't feeling incredible during that and I straight up prayed for 40 mins during it just trying to get through it without passing out. More to come later. 
Monday I felt sorta sick
We had service at 6:25 IN THE MORNING! So I felt like death alllll dayyyyyyy! Class was good and we had a workshop where I was chilling with a lot of polynesian elders and they accepted me as their own. That was awesome. We then had our TRC with K. That again felt awesome to two of us... not knowing what to do. And the lyrics of a song came to me.
"What if who I'm supposed to be was always me?"
This was crazy. I had the very distinct feeling that I was doing great and was where I was supposed to be. So thank you to Heavenly Father and Jon Bellion. That day ended with a good hour of basketball. I love it.
Tuesday.
We had a TRC with someone we had never met before. Same result. I felt fully sick this day. The highlight was the devotional. He had some cool insights but mostly about how to listen to the spirit which is great. Sorry Mom I kinda stink at taking notes. 
Wednesday was not special so I'll skip it.
Thursday
Today was absolutely amazing. I just said whatever to my pride and focused much entire energy on our TRC. And I absolutely rocked it. The brother (M) was pretty much ready to be baptized lol jk. Then we ended the day with some ball which was absolutely incredible. 
Friday
This was another awesome day. We got one of the TRC people to come in and my companionship and one of the Sister companionships taught them. I was so ready to show off to my teacher who was in the room watching. Lol I wasn't actually thinking about that. But all the sudden I had the biggest feeling to bear my testimony of God's love for his children. Long story short I made the man cry. My teacher (Sister G) was raving about it the rest of the day.
K well now for the fun stuff. Meaning my Moms questions.
People in my district and where they are from:
Elder N is from Austin, Texas
Elder B is from Denver 
Elder B1 is from SLC
Elder B2 is from PG (Go Knights, boo Vikings)
Sister S from Townsend, Montana
Sister D is from Lehi (again Go Knights, boo Pioneers)
Sister K is from Idaho 
Sister M1 is from Wyoming... Which I'm still not sure is a real place
Sister M2 is from California 
Sister T is from Sandy
All of us are headed to Baltimore except Elder B and Sisters S and D who are going to Houston east mission.
The slang. Well I was doing great. Especially one day. Until this amazingly funny moment.
I said.
"Hey GUYS did you know I've only messed up on slang once today." That made the entire district laugh really hard.
My stomach... Ya we should keep talking about that to a minimum.
I am sleeping. Excluding the one night that I woke up cause Elder B needed to use the restroom and spent the rest of the night stressing about how it could actually be 6:30 already. That was funny in the morning.
I remember to take my vitamins 2/7 days so I'd say that I'm doing fantastic at that.
P days are the absolute worst. I'd honestly rather have class the whole day again. I'm sure I'll figure myself out eventually lol.
My favorite food we have here is the wraps. Those are the most incredible thing ever. We have those for lunch almost every day.
In the district we get along super well. It honestly feels like a family. They are the BEST! This week Sister K was stuck in isolation which for some reason I envision it like it's a POW camp when in reality she just got to take naps... alas she was sick so we felt weird without her. 
Now for the good stuff...
I had to go to clinical and guess what they told me. I have anxiety, anyone surprised? I sure was lol. Nah I'm joking me and the therapist just talked about football and he told me that my main man Phil Rivers played bad and the chargers lost. Which was sad but for some reason I don't really care. Oh wait I know I'm doing the best thing ever.
Hmmm... now for the funny stuff
First things first RIP to Elders M, A, V. They are the best and will be missed. (They left the MTC for the mission field)
There is an Elder in our zone by the name of Elder N. He is so happy. Elder D, who is also in our zone, described him this way. "He is so happy it's contagious but for some reason that love that I feel for him can only be expressed through anger. He legit makes me so happy I get mad" I haven't heard a better way to describe it. Elder N is the absolute best!
There is a plethora of quotes this week so here is the best ones.


You know what really girds my loins? - Elder B2

Oh my gosh I got chocolate on my crotch - Me

Does anybody have 16.5 water bottles? - Me

It's not that hard to make me laugh it just has to be funny - Elder B1 

My stomach is testifying to me - Elder B2 

As you can see, me and Elder B2  kinda rule the quote book. The funniest ones are always us.

Well that's all for now. Emails are very much appreciated. It makes me unbelievably happy everytime I get one so anytime you feel like sending one please do. This week wasn't the best but I have faith this week will be better.
Love you all,
Don't let the cat in the house,
Elder Pew

Selfie with glasses on P-day

Drink his friend Elder Arnold taught him

Selfie with glasses








District

New shoes, so blisters


April 22nd, 2019 Sleepyhead - Passion Pit

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah aamedahh If you know ya know🤷🏽‍♂️ It seems like just 20 minutes ago I was writing you last time. Time moves at the fa...